PETRIARCH®: The Complete Guide to Financial and Legal Planning for a Pet's Continued Care
PETRIARCH® is a guide to an emerging area for protecting a pet's ongoing care, providing an introduction to pet law, the market for pet-related services, relating to people with pets, and the questionnaires, forms, and templates they can use to create documents that protect the welfare and security of family pets.
Topics covered include:
• Property Implications: Who Owns the Pet?
• The Pet Trust and Pet Protection Agreement
• Power of Attorney and Health Care Proxy
• Wills: Gambling with a Pet’s Future
• Tax Implications of Pet Trusts…and much more
Endorsements for Rachel Hirschfeld's Book
- "As a businessman it's important for me and every intelligent, informed person to be on the cutting edge when it comes to protecting the things and people you love. Rachel's book is a terrific guide for anyone who wants to protect their pet when the owner no longer can."
- Donald Trump
- "Dogs are members of our family, so it's natural for us to want to protect their well-being after we are gone in the same way that we provide for our human family members. This is a wonderful resource for pack leaders."
- Cesar Millan, Host of National Geographic's "Dog Whisperer"
- "A well-designed pet trust or pet protection agreement can give you peace of mind and ensure the future care and well-being of your beloved companions. If you share Rachel Hirschfeld's passion about doing right by your pets, you'll want to have the benefit of her expert knowledge on the best way to secure that outcome."
- Wayne Pacelle, President & CEO of The Humane Society of the United States
- "This book is an invaluable guide to the new and expanding field of pet law. Not only does Rachel Hirschfeld offer an easy-to-understand foundation for securing the future of the pet companion, her book also helps us understand the non-legal issues so that both the pet owner and the estate planner can better communicate about the pets' care when the owner is not around to look after them."
- Brian Liu, Co-Founder and Chairman of LegalZoom.com
- "Rachel Hirschfeld's Book PETRIARCH®: The Complete Guide to Financial and Legal Planning for a Pet's Continued Care does a thorough job explaining financial and estate planning for pets. Geared for professional advisors as well as their clients, this invaluable guide belongs on every professional's bookshelf."
- Sidney Kess, CPA and attorney, noted lecturer and author
- "As a pet expert, I am pleased to recommend this book to all my clients and friends. This book is a fantastic guide to help pet owners legally plan for the continued care of their beloved pets, when they are no longer able to do so. This book will put many pet owners' minds at ease."
- Bash Dibra, Internationally known animal behaviorist, celebrity pet trainer to the stars and author of six books including Star Pet.
- "Within minutes of meeting Rachel Hirschfeld, you are completely taken in and awed by her unbridled passion for the care and love of animals. When she describes the hardship surrounding pets that have lost the love and care of their owners, immediately you are drawn to her cause. Rachel has dedicated years of her life to perfect estate planning strategies that will save millions of pets from an uncertain future and provide the serenity or relief their owners so desire. With her passion and this book, Rachel will forever change the way the world thinks about its pets and the care they deserve."
- Lawrence Davidow, Managing Partner at Davidow, Davidow, Siegel & Stern, LLP. Past President and a Fellow of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- "I am so glad you took the time to write this book. People need an education on how the law works and learn how to best protect their beloved pet. With 25 years in the animal sheltering industry I know too well that promises made to care for pets do not always go as planned. Many cherished pets end up in shelters because there was no pet trust. To see an animal so scared and confused as to why they are not in their home and to know that the owner never wanted this to happen along with the fact that their lifelong companion ended up homeless is very tragic. The book is key to stopping the tragedy and will enable more pets to be protected for life."
- Liz Keller, founder of Glen Wild Animal Rescue Center. Past Shelter Operation Manager for all five of New York borough's animal care and control's care centers.